Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Heart Walk

I have several posts coming up, but this one is overdue.

One of the main reasons that I keep fighting the health and fitness battle is because I have a family history of stroke and hypertension. This makes my participation in the American Heart Association Heart Walk personal.  It's not only about the patients that I have encountered over the years, it's about my health, and the health of my family and my extended family.

I received an email today that gave examples of what your contribution means...


Did you know…1 in 3 Americans suffer from heart and blood vessel diseases – our nation’s leading cause of death?
 
What the donations mean…
 
  • For a $25 contribution to the American Heart Association, you can teach up to 50 people how to assess their risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke, and provide the steps for them to identify and reduce their risk.
 
  • A $50 donation can provide an early career scientist with the opportunity to participate with peers in the latest cardiovascular and stroke research through a one year professional membership with the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
 
  • For only $100, you can equip one hospital or health department with American Stroke Association resources to educate patients, the public, and health professionals on stroke prevention and life after a stroke – the #3 cause of death and leading cause of disability.

The Denton Heart Walk is Saturday, October 15.  If you would like to contribute, please click here It will take you to my donation page.


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment