Friday, November 5, 2010

The Muffins

Here's the recipe for the mini muffins that I made (and ate) last night. I took them to work this morning.
I substituted Splenda Sugar Blend for the sugar. It actually made 48 mini muffins. I can't remember which blog/website posted this recipe.

My next recipe will be Cheryl Forberg's pumpkin polenta!!!

WHOLE WHEAT PUMPKIN MINI MUFFINS
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 2/3 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/3 c. water
1 c. canned or homemade pumpkin puree
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 350°F
Combine eggs, oil, water and pumpkin puree (use straight pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix).
Sift dry ingredients together and gradually beat into first mixture.
Pour into greased mini muffin pans (I actually use a cookie scoop to get it in the pan…it's the perfect size for mini muffins).
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Makes about 36 mini muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment